4.22.2008




So Scott being the manly man that he is decided this year to run in the Salt Lake 1/2 Marathon. Over the past few years, Scott has picked up running as a hobby, and has thoroughly enjoyed it! This year was his first year running a 1/2 marathon (a little over 13 miles). He did really good for his first one. He almost killed himself, but did really well. He took 1470th place out of 3819 people. His time was 2 hours 3 min & 48 seconds. He ended up being pretty sore, but was glad that he did it. I asked him if he was going to run it next year, and he said he would think twice. I told him that i can just run him over in the drive way, and I was pretty sure he would feel the same. But knowing Scott he will probably want to do the full marathon next year!

2 comments:

Gilbrides said...

I truly don't know how you do it!!! I can't imagine running for 2+ hours. I do have to say that you inspire me. In fact, I have been thinking about running a 5k. I used to jog 3 miles in college in my jogging class so I thought I'd try and get back into it. So far I have been able to a jog a mile. Pathetic, I know, but maybe one of these days I'll race you in a 5k. (I know I'll never try a duathon, a triatholan, or a 1/2 or full marathon.) Congratulations Scott!I am really proud of you.

White Family said...

Good job on the marathon. I am thrilled when I make it around the block without having to find a bathroom. Aunt Helen