1.05.2009

A lot has gone on...




Well as everyone knows, my nephew died right before Christmas. A little explanation... My sister found him in the morning when she went to wake him up, and he had already passed away. She began CPR and called 911, but was not successful at reviving him. They did a full investigation, and an autopsy. Nothing was found as out of the normal. During the autopsy everything was ruled out, no choking, no brain aneurysm, no heart attack, nothing. So they sent off tissue samples, and blood cultures to see if there was something that was over seen, like a rare disease, or even if any of his blood counts were off. Like the Obituary says we had the funeral on the 23rd. We had Christmas, which turned out to be okay. It was way different to say the least, but it was nice.
That following Monday on the 29th, Sai had surgery. He had his adenoids out and ear tubes put in. And for some strange reason as Sai got better, so did his walking!!! Its been really fun watching him learn more and more and more! He has also developed quite the little attitude. He loves to talk (or so he thinks he is talking) and loves to test every little limit with mom and dad! I swear I don't understand what is so interesting about the stupid toilet, and why playing with toilet water is darn cool!
Scott started school tonight, and will be taking 11 credits with hopes of graduating in the Spring. We are soo excited, for him to graduate, so that will definitely be a celebration!
But all in all, we are doing pretty good and Sai is getting better and better!

5 comments:

Diana said...

Dearest Sulika and Scott,
I was so sorry to read your blog about your little nephew. I didn't ever meet him, but from the pictures I can tell he was a happy little boy. My deepest sympathies go out to you and your family. I'm glad to hear that little Sai'peti is doing well after surery:)

Cori White said...

i love the picture.. he looks so darn cute.... glad he is doing well.. your family has been through alot.. our prayers are with you

Gilbrides said...

I am so glad to hear that Sai's surgery went so well. Mom said that he was up running around that day--I am so glad to hear it. I am always surprised and impressed at how strong little kids are. Scott, I wish you all the best in school! Hope everything is going better for you guys. We love you!

Katidid said...

I will never understand the toilet water fascination thing either, it drives me crazy!!

HeatherK said...

I don't know what it is about the bathroom that is so cool. The other day Jakey and Kallee were in the bathroom and had put a magazine, 3 cups, and the roll of toliet paper in the toliet and then shut the lid (at least one thing good).

Glad Sai is doing better. I love that little man.

Give our love to your family!